All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.
Pick up your tickets at Will Call the day of the event at the box office. If you are the owner of the PayPal account, then bring the receipt or your ID and we will provide you with your tickets.
SHFF Film Entry
Call for Entries is now open!
SHFF Film Challenge
Become part of of Sacramento Horror Film Festival history.
Read news articles, testimonials and more from ticketholders, filmmakers and other friends of the Sac Horror Film Fest.
8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival Official Schedule Below!
PURCHASE YOUR 3 DAY PASS NOW! SAVE $$$ AND BUY IN ADVANCE. SPECIAL $50 3 DAY PASS PRE SALE SPECIAL ENDS *SOON*. Ala carte tickets available for Troll 2 & REPO!/The Devil's Carnival as well.
2014 SHOW DATES:
OCTOBER 2nd: Blue Lamp Pre-Party
OCTOBER 9th: Monster's Ball at the Crocker
OCTOBER 10th - 12th: The 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival
OCTOBER 10th: Zombie, Creature, & Monster Costume, Makeup, & Character Pageant
OCTOBER 10th: Amber's Sweets Troll 2
OCTOBER 11th: Amber's Sweets REPO! The Genetic Opera & The Devil's Carnival
OCTOBER 31st: Special Halloween Screening Of *MOVIE TBA*
OCTOBER 31st: Amber's Sweets The Rocky Horror Picture Show
8th Annual SHFF 3-Day Pass Presale
This pass includes all events that take place during the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival. Tickets will not be mailed. Tickets will be held at Will Call.
Purchase your pre-sale pass today and save!
8th Annual SHFF 1-Day Passes
Friday Day Pass
Includes all events that occur on the schedule for Friday, October 10th, 2014 including Troll 2. No Refunds or Exchanges. Tickets held at Will Call.
Saturday Day Pass
Includes all events that occur on the schedule for Saturday, October 11th, 2014 including REPO! The Genetic Opera with The Devil's Carnival.
No Refunds or Exchanges. Tickets held at Will Call.
Sunday Day Pass
Includes all events that occur on the schedule for Sunday, October 12th, 2014 including The Zoopy Monsters performance.
No Refunds or Exchanges. Tickets held at Will Call.
Enjoy the official pre-party of the 8th Annual SHFF!
Thursday, October 2nd, at the Blue Lamp for the 21+.
Show begins at 8pm. Entry is only $4!
The 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival
October 10-12, 2014
DAY 1: Friday, October 10th, 2014
4PM: Shorts & Feature Program 1
- Home alone, Shelly is expecting a friend for lunch but an unwanted intruder shows up instead.
- Directed by Dan Riddle
Rainy Nights 3min
- Hiding from a thunderstorm in a makeshift tent, a young girl tries to scare her little sister by telling her a story which brings upon an unwanted guest.
- Directed by Richard Greenwood Jr.
The Things That I Dread 1min 30sec
- We follow parallel stories of a young woman and her childhood memories, each equally real to her but existing in different worlds
- Directed by Adam Parr
The Zombie's Trip 1min 32sec
- After a sudden turn of events, a zombie is suddenly brought from the world of fiction into the world of reality.
- Directed by Jim Zounis
- Novella McClure is like most struggling actresses in Los Angeles: she's in her early 30s, her fake name sounded cooler ten years ago, and she hasn't landed a role in three years. To top it all off, she's developed a disturbing habit of eating her own flesh.
- Directed by Jimmy Weber
7PM: Shorts Program 1 & Zombie, Creature, & Monster Costume, Character, & Makeup Competition (Formerly the Zombie Beauty Pageant)
“The Evil Dead” inspired performance by Jezebelle's Army
Ticket to the Haunted Mansion 13min
- A small town councilman got an order to spend the night in the haunted mansion to do an inspection. Soon after settling in, he confronts genuine terror.
- Directed by Nuntakul Sakulchai
Party Slashers 8min
- A Mr. Popular wannabe has to team up with his introverted ex-best friend and others during a high school Halloween party that is crashed by an undead mass murderer that was accidentally summoned during a Dungeons and Dragons Game.
- Directed by Carl Bachmann
The Burner 3min
- A couple on the run think they've gotten away clean but soon find out they'll have to feel the burn...
- Directed by Richard Greenwood Jr.
- A creepy man invites a young girl into his home where he toys with a secret agenda that hints at a horrific outcome.
- Directed by Manoil Kargov
- A man struggles to contain his growing paranoi, among other things.
- Directed by Levi Caleb Smith
Happy Birthday Mr. Zombie 7min
- Mr. Zombie comes back home after a hard day's work. When he turns the light on... Surprise!
- Directed by David Leclercq
The Carriage or: Dracula & My Mother 15min
- Film director Ben Gordon spends a horrible Christmas with his family when a sinister carriage mysteriously appears at the house and Ben is blinded to his family's safety by the golden opportunity to film something momentous, terrible as it may be.
- Directed by Ben Gordon
The Zombie, Creature, & Monster Character, Costume, & Makeup Competition!
- (Approx will begin at 8pm, 45 mins)
- All are invited to compete. Arrive dressed in your horror best and win awesome prizes from our amazing sponsors. Top Prize Winner will be illustrated by SHFF artist Paul Allen.
10PM: Troll 2: On Stage. On Screen. 120min
Witness the “best worst movie” as you've never seen it before. For the first time in history, Troll 2 will be shadow casted by a live theatre troupe. Performance by Amber's Sweets.
Film Directed by Claudio Fragasso. Amber's Sweets directed by Tim Meunier.
DAY 2: Saturday, October 11th, 2014
2PM: Shorts & Feature Program 2
Open House 13min
- After a family moves into an Old Victorian house, they discover a chest in the attic containing items that belonged to the people who used to live there. With the discovery of the chest comes a chain of terrifying occurrences!
- Directed by Thomas Della Bella
Call Girl 6min
- In one man's attempt to exploit his date night via video-chat, he ends up sharing something far more disturbing. Some people like to watch. Do you?
- Directed by Jill Sixx Gevargizian
- A strange disease is plaguing the city. Hoping to escape contamination, Eva and Sam, an estranged married couple, are forced to barricade themselves in their apartment despite the palpable tension between them. Now forced into isolation in their small living space, they struggle with their own fraility in a world that can only offer the worst horrors imaginable.
- Directed by Maude Michaud
5PM: The Horror that Horror Has Become: A panel discussion concerning the current state of the horror genre hosted by master sculptor and concept artist Jordu Schell.
Jordu's credits include: “Avatar”, “300”, “Hellboy”, “Aliens vs. Predator – Requiem”, “Men in Black”, “The Mist”, “Batman Returns”, “Edward Scissorhands”, “Alien: Resurrection”, “The X-Files Movie”, “Predator II”, “Galaxy Quest”, “Babylon 5-The Series” (on which he designed an emmy award-winning creature make-up and the first fully digital creature for a television series), and many more.
Panel participants include Gavin (The Wake Up Call), Brian Jones, (Beers N Fears), and more TBA.
7PM: Shorts Program 2
Performances by Jenna Jezebel & Hunny Bunnah.
Deep Red Dandelions 10min
- In 1928, one of America's most deranged serial killers, Albert Fish, commited an atrocity involving a young girl that has echoed through the annals of true crime history. Deep Red Dandelions is a romanticized portrayal of the events that occurred on that day, based on excerpts by Albert Fish.
- Directed by Brendan Butler
- A driver on a lonely road discoveres he's going in the worst direction.
- Directed by Jamie DeWolf
- A serial killer with a foot fetish stalks his prey even as an unexpected danger closers in.
- Directed by Jeremy Jantz
- After acquiring a jar of rare silk from the vast desert expanse of Afghanistan, a CIA field operative becomes impregnanted by the desert spider hidden inside.
- Directed by Rob Himebaugh
Dead Hearts 16min
- A young mortician will give his heart away to find true love. A whimsical, gothic bedtime story filled with love, loss, taxidermy, Kung fu, and biker werewolves.
- Directed by Stephen W. Martin
- When a girl finds the overdosed body of her high school crush, she takes him and hides him in her childhood tree house. There, she worships and loves him to death.
- Directed by Elysa Sardinha
The Body 17min
- This is the story of a killer who uses the cover of Halloween to dispose of his latest victim – but as he does, his gear and body bag get mistaken for a costume, and he is dragged to a Halloween party, with hilarious and horrifying consequences.
- Directed by Paul Davis
9:45PM: Amber's Sweets Presents REPO! The Genetic Opera blended with The Devil's Carnival 120 mins
Preshow performances by Croalia and Christa Quinn.
For the first time, Darren Lynn Bousman's horror musicals will be combined into one film for a mash-up experience fans of both films will never forget. On Stage. On Screen.
Films directed by Darren Lynn Bousman. Amber's Sweets directed by Christa Quinn & Alia Omran.
DAY 3: Sunday, October 12th, 2014
1:30PM: Shorts Program 3
Time is Crawling 6min25sec
- “Work is hell” takes on a new meaning in this twisted music video.
Edward the Damned 15min
- What is it Edward is hiding beneath his wig? To the people around him he seems an average bloke. But tonight his insidious secret will finally see the light of day in a reveal you won't soon forget.
- Directed by John Weckworth
Out of One's Misery 15min
- This is the gut wrenching story of a man, David, dealing with the death of his wife and daughter when a stranger knocks at his door. Th stranger haunts David, causing him to question his own sanity, as he is tormented by his loss. What is real? What is illusion?
- Directed by Michael Sharpe
- A member of an alien race is being interrogated and torchured by a machine.
- Directed by Kaleb Lechowski
One More for the Road 12min
- A married couple going on a road trip to rekindle their marriage leads to disastrous results.
- Directed by Navin Ramaswaran
Carolina Parakeet 15min
- A couple running for survival from the undead find temporary shelter in the company of a newly retired schoolteacher who has a unique perspective on human nature and a grim prognosis for mankind.
- Directed by A.J. Briones
3:30PM: Makeup & FX Tutorial by Collin Riley MUA
In this special demonstration, learn about product knowledge, using mixing mediums, painting and brush technique, skin and gore fx, beauty makeup tips, camera ready tips, and finishing touches (costume/accessories).
5:30PM: Shorts Program 4
Cold Turkey 14min
- A teenager tries to rid himself of the most dangerous addiction of all – cannibalism.
- Directed by Fannar Thor Arnarrson
The Stomach 15min
- Frank's had enough. A spirit medium whose unique and grotesque method of channeling the dead is putting his own life at risk, he wants out. Others, in this world and the next, have plans of their own.
- Directed by Ben Steiner
- Teddy's nerves mount as he discovers there may be a horrific secret about his wife's pregnancy.
- Directed by Lucas Ostrowski
- Amy's college years were haunted by a stalker, but he hasn't contacted her for over three years... until today.
- Directed by Blair Franklin
- Karen's reoccurring nightmares resume exactly where they left off - every single night. Although she doesn't know yet what the source of the nightmares are, she is desperate to find out.
- Directed by Kevin Shah
Massacre Lake 20min
- A young couple with a troubled marriage and an 8 year old daughter take a vacation to a lake house in an attempt to save their ailing family. But things go from bad to worse when Native American ghosts, victims of a grisly massacre, come back to exact revenge.
- Directed by Micah Gallo
8:30PM: Closing Night Festivities. Animated Shorts, Live Action Shorts, & Performances.
Performances by The Sizzling Sirens
Musical Performance by The Zoopy Monsters
The Mighty Antlers 4min
- A man is driving at speed on a road through dense woodland when he spots a deer frozen in the middle of the road up ahead. He accelerates towards it but at the moment of impact everything becomes a confusing blur.
- Directed by Michael L. Fonsholt, Mikael Ilnaes, Jouko Keskitalo, & Sune Renhardt Fogtmann.
Vampire's Crown 3min
- A grumpy vampire has a toothache and takes a visit to the dentist.
- Directed by Hiren Solanski
Sebastian's Voodoo 4min
- A voodoo doll must find the courage to save his friends from being pinned to death.
- Directed by Joaquin Baldwin
The Guardian's Tale 8min
- On a lonely alien planet shrouded in mystery, an ominous beast guards a powerful treature. One day he receives an unexpected as a young girl lands on his world. The two will forge an unusual friendship and teach one another that looks can be deceiving.
- Directed by Gordy Higgins, Ryan Zujic, and Christoffer Klungerbo
- This tale follows Terrance and his dog, Nine, in an adrenalized future of espionage, super science, and assassins.
- Directed by Cole Drumb
Miracle on Metal Street 14min
- An uninspired and timid artist is visited by a bipolar demon from hell to motivate him, through song and dance, to create the best heavy metal album ever!
- Directed by Carl Bachmann
Lazy Boys 20min
- Two slackers discover their new found couch lurks with mysterious evil...
- Directed by Ryan Coopersmith
Attention Selected Filmmakers!
Download the 2014 SHFF Laurels here!
|Black BG: JPG | PDF||White BG: JPG | PDF|
Formerly known as only the "Zombie Beauty Pageant"
It's not just for zombies any more!
All are welcome to compete in this unique costume, make-up, and character competition on opening night of the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival.
Sign-Ups Begin September 1st. Stay tuned to www.SacHorrorFilmFest.com for all the rules and guidelines to participate.
Special Guest Judges Include...
- Jordu Schell (Master Sculptor)
- Gavin (Wake Up Call, 107.9)
- Ryan Francis (Thankskilling)
- More TBA
Hosted by Jamie DeWolf & Sidney Sin!
Special "The Evil Dead" inspired performance by Jezebelle's Army.
Opening night. October 10th, 2014. Time TBD.
Historic Colonial Theatre. 3522 Stockton Blvd. Sacramento, CA.
Purchase your 3 day pass in advance and save $25.
We want to offer a very special thanks to the following individuals who helped us achieve our 2014 Amber's Sweets Prop & Set fundraising goal on IndieGoGo.
- Jessica Friesen
- Erin Bucknell
- Jeremiah Rider
- Scott Davis
- Christa & Aliza
- Marla Masterson
- Bethany Davis
Guest of Honor JORDU SCHELL confirmed to appear at the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival!
Jordu Schell, sculptor and Master Concept Designer, Schell Sculpture Studio, has taught around the world, and at some of the most prestigious companies in the industry, including Industrial Light and Magic, Tippett Studio, Blizzard Entertainment, Blur Studio, Millennium Effects, Dreamworks and many more.
He and his studio have been providing concept art in the industry for over ten years, while Jordu has been in the film and television industry since 1987. His talent as a designer and sculptor is world renowned, and his credits include: “Avatar”, “The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian”, “300”, “Hellboy”, “Aliens vs. Predator – Requiem”, “Men in Black”, “The Mist”, “Batman Returns”, “Edward Scissorhands”, “Alien: Resurrection”, “The X-Files Movie”, “Predator II”, “Galaxy Quest”, “Evolution”, “Babylon 5-The Series” (on which he designed an emmy award-winning creature make-up and the first fully digital creature for a television series), and many more. Schell Sculpture Studio is a full service sculpture and design facility with a wealth of talent, specializing in creature and character design, props, prototypes for toys and model kits, general special effects work, and creature design classes.
Biography source: https://www.stanwinstonschool.com
Special Guest RYAN FRANCIS is confirmed to appear at the 8th Annual SHFF!
Star of the cult hit THANKSKILLING will be in attendance during the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival!
Catch THANKSKILLING on Netflix today!
TROLL 2: THE SHADOW CAST!
OCTOBER 10th, 2014. Opening Night of the 8th Annual SHFF.
That's right. We are crazy enough to do this: Troll 2. The Shadow Cast! October 10th, on opening night of the Sacramento Horror Film Festival, Amber's Sweets presents TROLL 2: On Stage. On Screen!
Special Guests Include...
|Darren Ewing (OH MY GOD!)||Deborah Reed (Troll2Queen)|
Tickets are on sale NOW for the first EVER Troll 2 Shadow Cast! Purchase this ticket if you ONLY intend on attending Troll 2 and not the other festivities at the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival. Purchase the festival 3 Day Pass if you want to experience everything! This is a general admission ala carte October 10th, 2014 Troll 2 ticket only. Buy this ticket if you have no intention of buying the 3 Day or Single Day pass.
Email Tim@SacHorrorFilmFest.com for details. This is a shadow cast event.
Coming to the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival, October 11th, 2014...
Amber's Sweets Presents: REPO! The Genetic Opera featuring The Devil's Carnival
On Stage. On Screen. Witness REPO! as it has never been seen before with scenes from The Devil's Carnival blended into the show for the most unique goth opera shadow cast experience ever presented.
Special Guests of Honor Include:
- Oriel Collins (Original REPO! Stage Play Cast)
- Darren Smith (REPO! Co-Creator, Band Leader)
- Marc Senter (The Devil's Carnival, The Scorpion)
- Ogre (Skinny Puppy, REPO!, The Devil's Carnival)
- Emilie Autumn (The Devil's Carnival, Painted Doll)
Tickets are on sale NOW for Amber's Sweets presentation of REPO! The Genetic Opera featuring The Devil's Carnival!
Purchase this ticket if you ONLY intend on attending REPO! The Genetic Opera w/ The Devil's Carnival and not the other festivities at the 8th Annual Sacramento Horror Film Festival. Purchase the 3 Day Pass if you want to experience everything! This is also included with the Saturday 3 Day Pass! This is a general admission ala carte October 11th, 2014 Amber's Sweets REPO! The Genetic Opera featuring The Devil's Carnival ticket only.
THE ZOOPY MONSTERS return to the Sacramento Horror Film Festival October 12th!
"Part puppet show, part rock band and part burlesque, The Zoopy Show’s characters come adorned in Muppets-from-hell costumes, supplemented by their own troupe of go-go dancers called the Zoopy Girlz. Comprised of gigantic monster musicians born 8,000 years ago on the other end of the universe, Fartfire the Dragon, Dancing Piggy Boy and Slee-nard serve up electronic, dancy punk that occasionally breaks into lounge territory—music supposedly taught to them by a drug-addled, womanizing puppet named Zappato. Described by the band as “live Japanimation,” The Zoopy Show is as much a carnival sideshow as it is a live concert performance; it’s also the subject of an upcoming graphic novel called They Came to Earth." —MATT SULLIVAN (http://www.nashvillescene.com/nashville/our-critics-picks/Content?oid=1194897)
Amber's Sweets presents The Rocky Horror Picture Show HALLOWEEN EDITION!
Don't dream it, be it on the spookiest of holidays with us, Amber's Sweets, this October 31st, 2014! This show is intended for mature audiences. Costumes are STRONGLY advised!
When? Halloween 2014. Friday, October 31st, 2014. 10:15 PM.
Where? Historic Colonial Theatre, 3522 Stockton Blvd, Sacramento.
Who? With Amber's Sweets shadow cast!
Tickets? Available now! See below!
TRICK 'R TREAT GOLD VIP PACKAGE: $60
Early Entry at 9PM
RHPS Prop Kit
Exclusive RHPS Halloween art print SIGNED by artist Paul Allen
Photo (with your own camera) with Amber's Sweets Cast
Back Stage Tour of the Colonial Theatre
Play TRICK 'R TREAT with our cast! Win horrifying prizes!
VIP Ticket: $35
Early Entry at 9:30PM
RHPS Prop Kit
Amber's Sweets promotional poster
General Admission Ticket: $20
Admission at 10PM
Tickets will not be mailed. Tickets will be available at Will Call on the date of the show. No Refunds. No exchanges.
This show is all ages but parental discretion is highly advised. Prop kits are allowed but please, no water, newspaper, rice, open flames, or bad attitudes.
Prop kits will be available for sale at the venue. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sean Thorpe Reviews "Great Horror Camp Out 2014: Sacramento"
Are You Addicted to Fear?
Do you love horror? Are you curious how the genre effects the mind? Read our latest article... Horror Films and the Mind – Are You Addicted to Fear?
Movie Maker Magazine lists the SACRAMENTO HORROR FILM FESTIVAL as one of "THE COOLEST FESTIVALS IN THE WORLD" for 2013!
Read the article here, and thank you to everyone who voted and has supported the Sacramento Horror Film Festival over the last 7 years!
ENTRIES ARE CLOSED FOR WITHOUTABOX & FILM FREEWAY. YOU CAN STILL ENTER VIA THE PDF FORM FOUND ON THE "FILM SUBMISSION" TAB ABOVE. YOU CAN SCAN YOUR ENTRY FORM, PAY THE ENTRY FEE VIA PAYPAL (SACHORRORFILMFEST@YAHOO.COM) AND SUBMIT YOUR FILM BY YOUTUBE OR VIMEO (WITH PASSWORD). OR MAIL IN YOUR ENTRY AND ENSURE YOUR PACKAGE IS POSTMARKED BY THE 1st.
(Withoutabox logos are trademarks of Withoutabox, a DBA of IMDb.com Inc. or its affiliates.)
2014 Festival Dates: October 10th - 12th
Historic Colonial Theatre.
We welcome our newest sponsor Tipps and Shakes Deli!
Tipps and Shakes serves Deli fare which include sandwich classics such as grilled cheese and pastrami on sourdough. We're popular for our burgers, sandwiches as well as our milkshakes menu - you can mix your own flavors for 50c each!
Tipps and Shakes also has a good selection of beer and is a great spot to hangout with friends or family. You can also order ahead through our online menu and choose to either dine in or take out.
Support our sponsor and tell them you heard about them from the Sacramento Horror Film festival!
The Sacramento Horror Film Festival proudly announces its newest sponsor: Metropolis Comix!
Metropolis Comix has been gracious enough to sponsor gift and prize packs for the Sacramento Horror Film Festival and Amber's Sweets events! Please visit and support the best comic book shop in Sacramento! Love Metropolis Comix today! http://metropoliscomix.com